Thursday, March 3, 2011

Task 1: Ecological Footprint




















Using the site www.myfootprint.org we were asked, in studio, to complete the quiz to determine 'How many planet Earths would it take to sustain your lifestyle?'.

To be honest I am quite surprised at the result I obtained upon completion of the quiz, 4.02 Earths as shown in the images above. While my household does care about the amount of resources we consume, I had initially thought I would need approximately 6 Earths. This quiz has made me realize how I’d been learning about recycling, sustainability and the environment since I started school and how those lessons have influenced the choices made by both my family and myself. Although there is more that could be done to reduce my carbon footprint, this quiz has enabled me to gain a perspective on how my decisions in regard to the environment impact on the footprint I leave behind.

*Results obtained from completion of myfootprint quiz

No comments:

Post a Comment